10 Processional Songs to walk down the aisle

 Zucht....... Ik denk dat velen van ons dit doen waneer we alweer the same songs horen als we naar een wedding gaan. I get it, Ed Shereen & Beyonce made magic with "Perfect" but I think all the fairy dust is gone.. That and a lot of other songs too. Cus' trust me if I hear "A Thousand years" one more time.. I will faint. There is a almost magic in the air when a bride walks down the aisle, so finding the perfect song for that moment is important. Grooms this also goes for you, but usually I'm a bit more flexible with my SEP grooms.. Why you ask... well if we are honest brides tend to have planned out their perfect wedding with all the details. I love it when grooms can have their special moment too... If it's walking down shadow boxing to "Eye of the tiger" or full of swag on the James Bond theme song, it's his moment where he can infuse all of his character with his best friends by his side.

Before we go down the list there are 2 really  important things that have been plaguing me for ages. Number 1, Lyrics! Why don't we really listen to lyrics? Like ask google, alexa, so many option to find out what the lyrics of certain songs are... but still we don't do that. You know, there are different types of songs.. Love songs, heartbreak songs, break - up songs, so you need to be aware what type of song you are choosing. The biggest mistake  I ever witnessed was "I will Always Love You" by the great Whitney Houston. So, if you haven't watched the movie you are partially forgiven... why partially because there is still google to check out the lyrics. This particular fan favorite is a drumrolllllll... A Break - up song. She is leaving him, so now I ask you the question why would you want to walk towards your soon to be husband while telling him "bitter sweet memories, that is all I'm taking with me" or "Please don't cry we all know I'm not what you need".... Yeah, I thought so.. So always check song lyrics or the background of the song.  

Number 2 The pace of the song.. Somewhere along the line it became a "must" that the bride her song had to be a slow song, in my real housewives of Atlanta voice "WHO SAID THAT?!" Hunty, do you.. Natuurlijk is a slow song the traditional way, maar als je wat meer pep in je step will, go right ahead.


So without further ado.. here are 10 songs you can use for your processional.

I Belong To You - Jacob Lee


Love is you - Chrisette Michelle


Lighting - Mortimer



Anything for you - Ledisi



Still - Mali



Marry You - Ric Hasani



Amen - Chike



I Choose You - Kiana Lede



Everything - Brian Mcknight



The Vow - RuthAnne



The wedding processional is such a crucial moment in a ceremony — and a moving wedding processional song is the ideal way to set the tone for your "I do" moment, so take your time to find a song that speaks to you and your partner.. A song that tells a story and holds a promise... and walk down that aisle to meet the love of your life!


Chronicles of a Wedding Planner

By Valery











Reacties

Populaire posts